The last time VSK and EJ Risk fought, Risk broke the record and became the first VPW wrestler to hold every championship, King of New York, and the Gold Rush Rumble. At Upper Limits, it would be VSK to break a record by winning the VPW championship for a third time.
GRAMMAR COP vs LAWRENCE SPIRAL (w/Eris Rayne)
- Grammar Cop came to take care of business. After a loss at Spring Fever, he took his anger out on Lawrence Spiral.
- Spiral was presented with a citation, which he ripped in half and angered Grammar Cop
- Grammar Cop was able to pick up the win.
WINNER: GRAMMAR COP
Unsatisfied with his win, Grammar Cop attacked Spiral after the match. This lead to the surprise of The Giant Andre, who left Grammar Cop out cold after a double choke slam
VSK came to the ring and made it clear that tonight he was going to take the title from EJ Risk and become a three-time VPW champion, and that despite being best friends with Risk, this was going to feel so good.
COACH MAMMONE & RAZZLE DAZZLE vs FIGHTER CAT AND…
- Before the match started, Razzle Dazzle showed more signs of allegiance, coming to the ring with track pants just like Coach Mammone.
- Fighter Cat also had something to announce; his original partner bailed on him, but he found a new partner…. PANCAKE!
- Mammone and Dazzle had trouble deciphering Pancake, giving Cat and Pancake and advantage
Dazzle was predictably the weak link, but Mammone from outside the ring acted both as partner and coach, screaming from the outside and guiding Dazzle
- While Mammone was battling outside with Fighter Cat, Dazzle was able to use his mannequin head to knock out Pancake and steal the win.
WINNERS: COACH MAMMONE AND RAZZLE DAZZLE
PICK YOUR POISON
STEVE GIBKI CHOOSES JAY DELTA’S OPPONENT
- Before the announcement, Delta and Fulton ran down Jersey Muscle Steve Gibki, by mispronouncing his last name and claiming he was not a legitimate contender to the New York State championship.
- Steve Gibke came out and mentioned that he had heard what Delta said at Spring Fever, and that tonight he found an opponent for the New York State champion
JAY DELTA (w/ Kevin Fulton) vs THE GIANT ANDRE
- For a VPW star that has faced WWE’s The Hurricane and Eugene, and has a pedigree that includes all men’s championships, this may have been the most physically challenging opponent Delta has faced.
- Andre’s pure power and brute strength helped him dominate Delta, but Delta’s experience kept him from being eliminated.
- Delta was caught on the top rope with Andre ready to hit his double choke slam, but Grammar Cop came to the ring, causing a distraction.
- Delta was able to cheat his way to victory behind the official’s back.
WINNER: JAY DELTA
MIXED TAG CHALLENGE
MAX CASTER & QUEEN OF NY SAM L’ETERNA vs
KEVIN TIBBS & VPW WOMEN’S CHAMPION WHITE GIRL
- Max Caster and Sam L’Eterna appeared ready for this contest, but not as ready as Kevin Tibbs and White Girl, who both came to the ring with matching face paint.
- This was a mixed tag challenge, with intergender rules, allowing men and women to compete against each other. White Girl used this to her advantage and was able to control Caster during the match.
- Tibbs and Caster truly had some intense heat, with the Savior of Wrestling controlling the Tweener.
- Lots of back and forth action, but what sealed the deal was Caster taking White Girl out, and then dragging Sam on top for the win.
WINNERS: SAM L’ETERNA & MAX CASTER
After the match, Tibbs challenged Caster to a Kiss My Ass match at Fans Choice. He also mentioned that the fans will choose the stipulation for White Girl and Sam L’Eterna at Fans Choice in June!
PICK YOUR POISON
JAY DELTA CHOOSES STEVE GIBKI’S OPPONENT
This time, it was the New York State champion who got to pick the opponent for his opponent in June. Along with Kevin Fulton, Jay Delta announced Gibki’s opponent, who would absolutely destroy him.
JERSEY MUSCLE STEVE GIBKI vs ABSOLUTE ALVIN ALVAREZ
- Alvarez came with guns smoking, ready for a fight. Gibki was ready to fire back.
- Both men challenged each other with pure moments of power.
- After a release German suplex and a reverse TKO, it was Gibki picking up the win.
WINNER: JERSEY MUSCLE STEVE GIBKI
JOHNNY COLLINS & BRYCE DONOVAN vs DAMIAN ADAMS AND…
The Number 1 contenders were ready for championship glory, but Damian Adams had other plans. He mentioned that his partner Bison was not going to be present as he was in the hospital recovering from anal reconstructive surgery. But he had a plan, a partner, that would work with him tonight.
Because it would not his regular partner, Adams also pointed out that this would be a non-title match.
JOHNNY COLLINS & BRYCE DONOVAN vs DAMIAN ADAMS & THE BEARDED VILLAIN JOHNNY MALLOY
- Malloy and Adams worked well together, but it was not a “well-oiled machine.” They did have several miscues that Donovan and Collins were able to take advantage of.
- Adams was, surprisingly, the weak link in the match, as he was taken outside. This lead Collins and Donovan to pick apart Malloy for the win.
WINNERS: BRYCE DONOVAN & JOHNNY COLLINS
CHAMPION EJ RISK vs VSK
- In what could be his last chance to be VPW Champion, VSK had to bring his A game.
- Risk proved without a shadow of a doubt why he is one of the best wrestlers to ever perform in VPW
- VSK, out and destroyed, continued to kick out and survive while Risk emptied the bag of tricks
- Perhaps in desperation, Risk grabbed the VPW Championship and was looking to use it as a weapon. VSK countered and was going to use the belt himself.
- The champion then attempted a low blow, which VSK was ready for. Superkick to the face, then one to the back of the head, and then a neckbreaker later, a new VPW Champion was crowned
WINNER AND NEW VPW CHAMPION: VSK
What will happen when Victory Pro Wrestling gives the power to the fans and allows them to make stipulations at Fans Choice 7 in June?