With both New York State championship belts looming above the ring, the stage would be set for the main event. VPW Commissioner Kevin Fulton made the announcement that the main event would feature Steve Gibki and Jay Delta in a ladder match to unify the championships.
FATAL FOUR WAY
Steve Azure (w/ Steve Somerset) vs Da Black Sheep vs Lawrence Spiral vs Francis Kip Stevens
- The Even Stevens debuted at VPW with Azure participating in the match and Somerset on the outside guiding his partner. DA Black Sheep also made his debut at Monster Mash
- Things did not start out right for Azure as he was unceremoniously dumped from the ring early on.
- The action was back and forth, with fans rooting behind Spiral and Stevens.
- Somerset intervened in the match, which eventually cost his partner as he was chased to the back by Da Black Sheep. This lead him to be attacked by Spiral, then Stevens, before being pinned.
WINNER: FRANCIS KIP STEVENS
WOMEN’S TAG TEAM MATCH
Karen Bam Bam & VPW Women’s Champion Masha Slamovich
vs Ariela Nyx & Eris Rayne
- It looked to start off with Ariela Nyx against Masha Slamovich, but the champion tagged out, bringing Karen Bam Bam to start.
- Slamovich and Bam Bam worked on Eris Rayne’s arm throughout the match, picking up where Bam Bam left off in September.
- Once she broke free, Rayne was able to tag in Ariela who cleaned house.
- Slamovich, seeing the match crumble away, grabbed her title and walked to the locker room area, leaving Nyx to finish her off for the pin.
WINNERS: ERIS RAYNE & ARIELA NYX
After the match, Ariela motioned that Masha’s title was hers.
VSK came out next and apologized to the fans for not being around, thanking them for supporting him for eleven years, and reminisced about some of his career accomplishments which include his first pro wrestling championship; facing Mr Anderson, Brodus Clay, and Scotty Two Hotty; and teaming up with the Phenomenal AJ Styles.
VSK then continued, saying that he accomplished everything he could in VPW, and that it was time for him to expand his horizons. He then backtracked, saying that there was one wrestler he had not faced, one wrestler who was in the back, and who VSK considers as one of the best wrestlers in the Northeast. VSK then called out this wrestler: The Alien Kris Stadtlander.
The former VPW Women’s Champion came to the ring. She didn’t say much, but she did accept the challenge for later on the show.
The Giant Andre & Kyler Khan
vs. Fighter Cat and Grammar Cop
- Grammar Cop was hesitant to come to the ring, but he eventually came out wearing a Fighter Cat mask. Once the match started, he refused to wear it and was beat down by The Giant Andre.
- Fighter Cat encouraged Grammar Cop to put the mask back on, and once he did, Grammar Cop fought off both Kyler Khan and Andre.
- The mask came off, and Andre took advantage of it. Grammar Cop was mugged by the quick tags of Khan and Andre.
- Despite a comeback, the sheer size and power of Andre was what sealed the deal.
WINNERS: KYLER KHAN & GIANT ANDRE
Coach Mammone, with Razzle Dazzle, came to the ring on a crutch wearing a boot. Once in the ring, he apologized to the fans because he was going to have a match but that would not happen tonight. Coach then said that he was obligated to bring out his guests at his time, the VPW Tag Team Champions, Bryce Donovan and Johnny Collins.
Once the champions were out, he brought up that the last time Collins was in the ring with him, Collins smacked him twice. He then addressed Donovan, and said he had no beef with him, but then realized that Donovan and Collins were dressed as each other, so he mocked him for that.
Coach, pointing out that he cannot wrestle, said that it would be Collins and Dazzle in a squat-off. If Dazzle won, then they would get a championship match next month. Needless to say, Razzle Dazzle lost, so there would be no match in November.
Coach then said that he was going to introduce the champions to their opponents tonight. As Donovan and Collins focused on the locker room, Coach and Razzle Dazzle attacked them with the now-fake boot and crutch.
VPW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Coach Mammone & Razzle Dazzle
vs Champions Bryce Donovan & Johnny Collins
- The champions were down early on, working on Collins early on.
- A rare mistake by Mammone opened the door for the champions.
- Donovan drilled Mammone into the mat with a vicious black hole slam, leaving Razzle ripe for the pickings
- Despite a valiant attempt, the Force was not with Razzle Dazzle
WINNERS AND STILL VPW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: DONOVAN & COLLINS
BEST OF THREE SERIES
MATCH#2 – SUBMISSIONS MATCH
Champion EJ Risk (1-0) vs Mister Tibbs (0-1)
- In a match that was do or die for Mister Tibbs, the odds were stacked against him
- Early in the match, Tibbs worked on Risk’s lower back, focusing on the injury that kept Risk from wrestling for four years.
- Tibbs locked in a clutch on top of the merchandise table at one point.
- EJ Risk showed that he had a variety of submission holds in his arsenal, focusing on Mister Tibbs’ legs and lower back, including his signature sharpshooter and a tight figure four.
- Tibbs worked on the arm for his vicious arm bar, which he used in September to make EJ Risk tap out, despite the official never seeing it. After several failed attempts, it was the arm bar that sealed the deal.
WINNER OF MATCH#2: MISTER TIBBS
As a result of the win, Mister Tibbs now gets to choose the stipulation for the sudden death match in November.
Absolute Alvin Alvarez vs Stockade
- Stockade was out first, ready for a fight.
- Alvarez came out, but said he wasn’t going to wrestle tonight. Instead, he had other plans for Stockade.
- Bison came from the crowd and attacked Stockade from behind.
- Referee Steven Dumeng started the match with Bison replacing Alvarez.
Bison vs Stockade
- The unbranded Bison showed himself to be a part of the Absolute Brand, attacking Stockade and dominating the first part of the match.
- The Devil’s Outlaw started a comeback, but distractions from Alvarez kept him from a full come back.
- Bison managed to control Stockade before a costly error. Seeing this, Alvarez distracted the official again, leaving Bison to a hammer.
- Stockade also saw this, and a clothesline knocked Bison down, prone for a 12-Gauge knee
After the match, Alvarez jumped into the ring and along with Bison, attempted to brutalize Stockade. Just as Alvarez was about to use the hammer, Da Black Sheep stormed the ring with a steel chair, defending Stockade in the process.
The Alien Kris Stadtlander vs VSK
- VSK is one of the top athletes in the Northeast, both in and out of Victory Pro Wrestling
- The Alien Kris Stadtlander has become one of the women to watch in wrestling, forging against some of the industry’s top stars and performing at Women of Honor against Tenille Dashwood in a 6-person match.
- The match started off lighthearted, but quickly escalated in a hard hitting fight.
- Stadtlander was able to keep up with VSK’s wrestling, but was unable to counter his power. Despite that, VSK was unable to finish the job after some of his dominating signature moves.
- After a failed attempt earlier, Stadtlander blasted off with a moonsault to register the three.
WINNER: THE ALIEN KRIS STADTLANDER
Next was a special appearance from Black Rose, making her return to VPW in many years.
She threw out roses to the fans and taunted them before thanking everyone for coming and supporting Victory Pro Wrestling before taking a jab at the ring announcer.
VPW NEW YORK STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion Jay Delta (w/ Puppet Jay Delta)
vs. Champion Jersey Muscle Steve Gibki
- To win the match, Delta or Gibki would have to obtain both New York State Championships hanging above the ring.
- Both Delta and Gibki have been in ladder matches, but in tag team matches.
- It didn’t take long before the ladders were used as weapons.
- Delta took a beating at one point, where Gibki lined a ladder between his legs and used a second ladder like a baseball bat, swinging for the fences.
- Delta came back, but was unable to fend off the challenge of Gibki, who knocked Delta off one ladder as he climbed the second latter.
WINNER AND UNDISPUTED NEW YORK STATE CHAMPION: STEVE GIBKI
Next month, VPW returns to Centereach for Disorderly Conduct featuring the return of Ricky Reyes. What will happen in November?
VICTORY PRO WRESTLING PRESENTS
Saturday November 24
BEST OF THREE SERIES FINALE
Champion EJ Risk (1-1) vs Mister Tibbs (1-1)
Tibbs chooses the stipulation!
NEW YORK STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Now that Steve Gibki has overcome Jay Delta, what’s next for the undisputed New York State championship
RICKY REYES RETURNS
What brings the Lucha Underground star back to Victory Pro Wrestling?
All this and so much more!!
Tickets go on sale Monday morning!!