Victory Pro Wrestling’s next online event DIGITAL OVERLOAD is coming your way Saturday April 24 on Facebook Live and YouTube.
We are looking through the video archives for some of the best matches in VPW’s history. While we do that, let’s recap what’s been happening over the last year.
- Victory Pro Wrestling’s last event was in March of 2020
- The State of New York enacted a ban on large gatherings and closed the state down by the end of March 2020
- By July, the State started opening up again, cautiously, but kept sports, gyms, restaurants, and art and entertainment closed off or severely limited.
- In November, the State started rolling back some of the restrictions and limited social gatherings for the holidays
- In March, the New York State Assembly and Senate limited the power of the Governor’s office to prevent Governor Cuomo from closing the state down again once we start opening up without their approval
- In early April, the State opened up restrictions for large gatherings from buildings that hold wedding receptions and catering.
- The State is opening up restrictions that have kept Arts and Entertainment businesses closed – pro wrestling falls in this category!
Victory Pro Wrestling management is monitoring how the State and local government handles these new opportunities for Long Islanders to get back to work and restart their lives again.
This could be the last online event that VPW produces…. but we’re not out of the wood just yet.
We need your help.
Get vaccinated. It works.
Here are a couple of recent headlines.
- Six months after getting a second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine as part of a 46,000-person clinical trial, volunteers remained more than 90% protected against symptomatic COVID-19 and even better protected against severe disease, a new company study found. – From USA Today
- Ongoing trial shows Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine remains highly effective after six months – From CNN
- Pfizer says COVID-19 vaccine 100% effective, safe in kids as young as 12 – From FOX News
By the end of March, New York residents over the age of 50 were eligible to take the vaccine. By the first week of April, all residents in New York over the age of 30 became available. Residents 16 and over will be eligible to be vaccinated beginning the second week. And by May 1, all residents nationwide will be eligible for the vaccine. So, what’s your excuse?
In the meantime…
Support VPW’s Stars.
Some of our guys are working across state lines, but most of them are not. Show them your support by purchasing their gear.
- The Absolute Brand
- Bryce Donovan
- Bobby Orlando
- Eric James
- The Even Stevens
- The Influence
- Johnny “Pretty Boy” Collins
- Karen Bam Bam
- Nevaeh Chantelle
- VPW Merchandise
- Property of VPW Merchandise
Mark it down.
Mark it down on your calendars now to join us on Facebook and YouTube
VPW presents DIGITAL OVERLOAD
Saturday April 24, 2021 – 7pm start
A Facebook Live and YouTube Event
Due to the current safety protocols in place by the State of New York, Victory Pro Wrestling is presenting online virtual programs to our fans with new content and classic matches that highlight some of our greatest moments. We are looking forward to returning to live action soon and will update everyone as soon as we are given the green light to provide safe and sanctioned professional wrestling action.