Fans Choice 7, a night dedicated to the fans of Victory Pro Wrestling, was filled with changes and excitement.
And that started from the opening announcements.
There’s a new Commissioner in town, as Kevin Fulton explained in the ring. With his ConfluxXx ally Jay Delta in hand, he told the fans that he had a meeting last month with VPW Management, and the powers that be decided to terminate his wrestler’s contract.
He then turned to his partner Delta and apologized for not being able to be in his corner an further, but did explain that it was because he was the new commissioner of VPW.
Commissioner Fulton then made two blockbuster announcements. The first, his best friend Jay Delta would now be in the main event to defend his New York State championship against Steve Gibki.
The second announcement – VsK, the three time Victory Pro Wrestling champion, was without an opponent. Fulton decreed that the next match would be a fatal five way, with the winner facing VsK for the title… TONIGHT!
FATAL FIVE WAY
ABSOLUTE ALVIN ALVAREZ vs MAGIC vs THE GIANT ANDRE vs CPA vs JAMESON HUGHES
- The Giant Andre and Absolute Alvin Alvarez challenged each other in the beginning of the match, with the rest of the opponents in the same corner watching in awe.
- Magic egged on both CPA and Jameson Hughes, telling them Magic believed he could knock them down.
- The match was a sloppy scrum of talent trying to show why they deserved a match against VPW’s top champion
- Andre’s strength proved to be a target with him getting most of the assault, to the point where Alvarez and Hughes battled with Andre to the locker room.
THE CANADIAN NEMESIS ADAM STRIKER vs THE STEAMPUNK PRINCE LAWRENCE SPIRAL
- The match was fast paced and exciting
- Striker picked his shots and was able to assert control
- Spiral took a wicked shot as he was on the top rope and Striker dropped him with a double knee code breaker
- Spiral somehow continued and locked in a cross face
WINNER BY SUBMISSION: LAWRENCE SPIRAL
FANS CHOICE – RAZZLE DAZZLE REVEALS THE NAME OF HIS “FRIEND”
One of the ballots for Fans Choice 7 was to name the new mannequin head of Razzle Dazzle. There were so many entrants that Razzle Dazzle and Coach Mammone decided to draw a random winner instead.
Coach drew an entrant whose suggestion we cannot print, as it was so vulgar.
But they drew again and… told the fans they didn’t deserve to pick the name because they weren’t worthy. Coach berated the fans as unathletic and lazy.
RAZZLE DAZZLE vs PANCAKE
- The pre-match ridiculousness did not end once the bell started. Coach Mammone stayed at ringside for this contest
- Pancake tried several times for his pancake splash, but both times was distracted by Coach
- The final distraction gave an opportunity for Coach to toss Razzle the mannequin “friend”, who then used it to smash against Pancake’s head
WINNER: RAZZLE DAZZLE
KISS MY ASS MATCH
TWEENER MAX CASTER vs MISTER TIBBS
- A confident Max Caster faced an intense and irritated Mister Tibbs, who rushed the ring before his music ended to start the match
- Tibbs was in control first, dominating Caster with several pin attempts early after a barrage of chops
- A Sunset flip gone wrong – Tibbs inadvertantly pulled down the backside of Caster’s tights, revealing more than should have been revealed
- The fight spilled outside, where Caster was finally able to gain control.
- Back inside, the taller Caster tried to work down Tibbs with a variety of choke or sleeper holds, wearing down the former VPW Champion
- The action went back and forth between the two as the match went on, with both competitors wanting to embarrass the other
- After Tibbs kicked out of his signature stomp, a desperate Caster kissed Tibbs to try and throw him off his game. This backfired as Tibbs was able to back roll him for the win
WINNER: MISTER TIBBS
Official Steve Dumeng explained to Caster the stipulations of the match, and that he now had to kiss the ass of Mister Tibbs. After arguing for a few minutes, Caster bailed and ran to the back.
White Girl cut him off, then dragged him back to the ring, where Mister Tibbs was waiting for the post match stipulation!
DAMIAN ADAMS vs BRYCE DONOVAN
One half of the VPW Tag Team Champions was to face one half of the number one contenders
- Donovan started strong, but Adams turned it around and brutalized him early on in the match
- The tag champion was in control, but it was a simple miscue that gave Donovan the opportunity to come back and use his size
- With a lungblower and a side slam, Donovan scored the win
WINNER: BRYCE DONOVAN
After the match, Donovan stood over Adams with both tag titles in hand
VPW WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP
FANS CHOICE – FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE
QUEEN OF NY SAM L’ETERNA vs WHITE GIRL (c)
- Before the champion was introduced, Queen L’Eterna dismissed official John Q and brought out her own royal referee, Antoinette Marie
- Antoinette Marie did not look too interested in this match as White Girl controlled the match
- Once the Queen was in control, Antoinette Marie was poised for action
- The fight took place outside the ring and the challenger took White Girl to point, controlling the action
- The match spilled into the locker room, then back along the back of the venue. White Girl emerged with some kind of cake on her face, and Queen Sam controlling the action
- White Girl started a come back, and was going for a big move off the barricade, but Queen Sam knocked her off and went for the cover
- After a ridiculously fast three count, we had a new women’s champion!
WINNER AND NEW VPW WOMEN’S CHAMPION: QUEEN OF NEW YORK SAM L’ETERNA
The reign lasted all of 2:49 as VPW Commissioner Fulton came out to announce that Sam had no authority to introduce her own official. The Commish then brought out John Q to officiate and demanded the match restart.
An already winded Queen Sam was knocked off the apron, and then slammed by White Girl, who picked up the win.
WINNER AND NEW VPW WOMEN’S CHAMPION: WHITE GIRL
After the match, Queen Sam argued with Antoinette Marie about what happened. All was resolved between the two and Antoinette Marie demanded the fans recognize their queen.
Then, she clocked her with a clothesline and dropped her with a DDT, standing over the laid out Queen of New York, berating her before heading to the back.
The Commish came back out, and announced that next month, at 125 and Counting…, Queen Sam and White Girl and Antoinette Marie would meet in a triple threat match for the VPW Women’s Championship!
FANS CHOICE – LUMBERJACK MATCH
COACH MAMMONE vs FIGHTER CAT
It all started with Fighter Cat getting the victory over Razzle Dazzle, and Coach Mammone using that opportunity to make a name for himself. Four months later, they finally clash in a one on one contest with the locker room surrounding the ring
- Coach was able to start the match strong, but the fire and speed of Fighter Cat made it hard for him to maintain control
- Fighter Cat showed a fury we had not seen since his record breaking title run as New York State champion
- Once the action spilled outside the ring, the lumberjacks took a beating to Fighter Cat, giving Mammone the edge
- The action went back and forth both inside and out, as the lumberjacks starting having issues with each other when Coach Mammone was on the outside.
- This lead to a distraction giving Razzle Dazzle a chance to throw the mannequin head to Coach, who used this to knock out Fighter Cat
WINNER: COACH MAMMONE
CPA vs VSK
- CPA earned the opportunity to face VsK in this championship match by beating four other competitors in the opening contest. Despite that, he looked ready for the opportunity
- There was a little back and forth early on, but the VPW Champion dominated the early part of the contest.
- CPA may have been thrown off his game against VsK. He attempted to catch himself in the corner on the second rope, but slipped. This gave VsK to send the challenger to the outside with a dropkick.
- CPA fired up and opened up on VsK, using the ropes to wear the champion down, and even countering VsK’s running boot in the corner
- VsK dissected CPA and finished him off for the win
NEW YORK STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
FANS CHOICE – NO DISQUALIFICATION
JAY DELTA (c) vs STEVE GIBKI
- The two battled back and forth. Delta’s experience and Gibki’s power clashed throughout the contest
- Delta introduced a chair and used it to take control of the contest. He then set the chair up to cause serious damage in the corner.
- After controlling Gibki, the chair in the corner backfired. Jersey Muscle powered Delta into the corner and then sent Delta flying with a release German suplex
- Delta looked to seal the deal after coming back strong, using the chair as a weapon for a DDT, but Gibki powered his way into the corner, then sent Delta flying onto the chair
- Delta was designed for no disqualifications. He recuperated in the corner, but picked up the New York State championship in the process, using it as a weapon as Gibki went for the kill
- Delta then used the chair to wear the challenger down, but it was not enough to stop Gibki
WINNER AND NEW NEW YORK STATE CHAMPION: JERSEY MUSCLE STEVE GIBKI
After the match, Commissioner Fulton announced to the fans that he was just on the phone with EJ Risk, who demanded he get his rematch against VsK for the VPW Championship.
The commissioner announced that he will in fact get that rematch at 125 and Counting… inside the confines of a 15 foot high steel cage!
What will happen when VPW returns to Centereach for our 125th show?!?
VICTORY PRO WRESTLING PRESENTS
125… AND COUNTING
Saturday July 21
STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE
3x Champion VsK vs
The Forgotten EJ Risk
TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE
VPW WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion White Girl vs
Queen of New York Sam L’Eterna vs
All this and so much more!!
Get your tickets now at Showclix
$20 pre-sale for First and Second row
Get in early and reserve your seats!
For more information call 631-357-1810